Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives: 8 comments on 8 episodes!
When Karan johar said "Why should I watch a show about four unemployed women?", I felt that. And not just me, the entire world felt that. Well, 10 minutes into the show, my perspective had changed and following are a few comments:
1. When we think about the wives of bollywood I think the first person to pop up in our head should always be Gauri khan however she isn't one of the 4 main wives and even then, the show is a success!
2. It almost felt like the show is a Desi version of keeping up with the kardashians, and also the four wives chosen were fairly unpredictable. Wives of Sohail khan, chunkey pandey, Samir, and Sanjay Kapoor. Who even remembers them now?
3. The show is nothing but a reveal and sneak peek into the lives of rich people; the first problem as soon as the lockdown happens is "where will I get my nails done from?"
4. I also saw that no matter how successful these women are, they did say that nothing matters to them more than their own children. I think this has a lot to do with their indian upbringing which necessarily isn't bad but women can do so much if family isn't a barrier in their head.
5. These women were not unemployed but had huge businesses (funded by their husbands maybe) but it was great to see that they put their talents into actual businesses.
6. The all girls trip to Doha gave me hope about my late 40s too, they enjoyed like they were in their 20s and didn't let their age become a factor in having "fun".
7. The constant jokes and simultaneous real talk sessions made the show look very real, these women were in close touch with reality and were not scared to address it.
8. This show made me realized that actresses like Neelum who peaked in the 80s/90s need to make a comeback
, when men don't think about "what people will say", why should women? Really glad to see she's made a decision to come back to B-town!!